The DEI webinars of the ASEE P-12 Educator Series seek to address the topic of systemic issues in PreK-12 STEM education and its impact on underrepresentation in STEM fields today. Join us for a panel discussion where we dissect some of the challenges seen/faced by students and teachers and strategies for dismantling these challenges that will lead to inclusive learning environments.
Delivery Method: Live Online
Duration: 1 hour
Wednesday, February 24, 2021
6:30 – 7:45 PM ET
ASEE Members: Free
Panel discussion on P-12 STEM Education and DEI. Participants will:
- Learn from current STEM teacher and administrator experiences
- Gain tools to recognize potential barriers students from underrepresented groups face in STEM
- Discover strategies to:
- Make STEM subjects more accessible
- Spark interest and improve confidence of students in STEM subjects
- Make instruction more inclusive
- Receive access to helpful resources.